Hi Everyone, and so glad to be here!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shari

Registered Member
Jan 18, 2013
Bolingbrook IL
Real Name
Shari Hrabec
:hi: I am a freshwater fishkeeper for over 20 years but have really missed a forum to learn and share with others.
I am writing to day about an old problem...I just can't remember the issue and the fix, nor is it in my books....

I have blue Angel, she's about a year old now and I have had her for the entire time. Just the past week she has
started hovering right under the filter output...fighting the current, looking miserable, but will only leave it to
grab a little food and she spits more out than keeps which isn't like her.
She has a mate who is hanging near and watching her like totally confused by her actions.

There was something I read years ago about fish that hung at the filter boxes...bacterial issue? I know it's some
disease or something like that. She has no other sign of anything wrong.
Does anyone here know of this as I'm not sure how to treat it. Meantime I'm trying some Melafix.

120 gallon, 7.6 PH, 78 temp, 0 nitrates/nitrites/ammonia etc. they get 50% w/c weekly too.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
Are you sure the nitrates are zero? If your tank is heavily planted, it could be but in a cycled tank, the nitrates are almost never zero. Ammonia and nitrites yes, but nitrates are usually present, just in low amounts if water changes are regularly done. below 20 is ideal, but zero is usually never achieved unless it is a heavily planted tank.

Sorry about your fish, and I'm sure someone will have some advice.

Emily

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
what size tank?
temp?filtration?

stock?

from the sounds you have 2 angels?

zoomed.com