Weird growth/wound on green terror

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nim Dibbley

Nim Dibbley
Feb 20, 2006
Sacramento, California
I noticed yesterday during feeding my green terror/gold saum had what looked like a piece of his lip torn halfway off and it was swaying in the current and still attached. he ate fine and he does get in fights with the gourami so i decided to just keep an eye on it. I looked at him again tonight and it almost looks more like a growth coming off of the top of his lip.

i wanted to post some pics to get some opinions but between the glare from the flash and the other fish in the tank it was really hard to get a good picture of it. this is the best i could do:

greenterror 004.jpggreenterror 017.jpg

not sure if you can make it out in those pictures...hopefully you can see what i am talking about. What do you think?

greenterror 004.jpg greenterror 017.jpg

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
It's kind of hard to tell from the pics, but it doesn't look red, so may well be a battle scrape with loose skin. If it's not fungus it should heal up with time and clean water. I would just keep an eye on it for now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store