Kaosu's new rescue ^_^

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
....Ok so my fiance convinced me to get this guy off of Craigslist.

rescued from a family who was neglecting him and was planning on tossing him out to the coyotes.

We think he is a giant angora ..his wool is very matted and today im starting the process of removing the mats.

he is super sweet and cuddly and just loves to be pet and cuddled so far!..said to be about 2 years

on his ride home

next day

and some of the mats i have to get out

Bushkill

Registered Member
Dec 1, 2011
Bushkill, PA
Real Name
Angelo
I'm not a rabbit expert, but that's definitely an angora. Glad to see some people have good hearts. Enjoy him.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
I'm not a rabbit expert, but that's definitely an angora. Glad to see some people have good hearts. Enjoy him.
yeah..having trouble finding good rabbit forums..but there is a breed if giant angora..witch for his size he might be ^_^

and thank you!

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Nice! What's in the bowl? Peas?

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Nice! What's in the bowl? Peas?
yeah he was getting a treat while i was taking pics..he was more interested in wanting cuddles than eating them.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
he is going to the vet to be shaved this week!

He is so silly we took him in the house today, he follows us around like a puppy and if you stop moving he hops around our legs. if you spread your legs he will do figure eights between them.

also took him out in to the yard. I dont think he has seen grass in a long time! he nibbled on every thing and ran as fast as he could between me and the other half in the yard and bounced around it was so cute!
he tired to cuddle with the cats..they were not ok with that and he even tried to cuddle with the dog who, had never seen a rabbit ..she seemed a little concerned but did very well ..

anyway her are some more pics of him...we are naming him Titan like the moon cuz he orbits us! ..and cuz of his size.
..he got hot very fast..this show how bad some of the mats around his body are

and out side before he started spazzing out.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
ok everyone.. brace your self!!

he was wonderful for the vet and even calm with all the clippers going!...and when we started we were all so amazed on how bad he really was..the mats in some places were 3 inches thick!!!

..he is a little under weight, but given a clean bill of health as long as he puts on a few lbs ..he is 7.35 lbs currently!...any good tips on how to get him to gain? ..foods that might help?

ok here are some pics..i will get better ones with my camera tomorrow, these were with my phone.

the vet was able to leave most of his tummy and legs with fur, but his back side..even his little tail is shaved down the matting was so close to his skin the vet said he would of died from infection or heat stroke by summer!! :( poor baby. his sneezing is due to his bedding currently and i was told to keep an eye on it.

here he is all shaved down with is Mohawk!

and lounging around at home

he was so happy when we got home he was zooming up and down the halls and threw the living room! ^_^ such a sweet heart, he still gets over heated pretty quickly in the house, so we have a heat lamp in his hutch and wool blankets wrapped around it under the tarps....we will keep an eye on him as the night goes on and we will bring him in if he shows any sighs of being the slightest cold.

he needs a bit more brushing to get the last of the mats out....and he is half the bunny he started out to be!!!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
ty ^_^ he is awesome! so lovey ...and now half naked

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store