Pest control and fish tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
I got a notice from my landlord that pest control is coming to spray tomorrow. I think they come about three or four times a year? It's just preventative, but they spray all the apartments. My landlord said something about people with fish tanks like to seal up their tanks airtight so no pesticides get in and harm the fish. But, it seems to me if the tank is sealed airtight, then no air gets in and the fish can't breathe. How likely is it that the pesticides will harm the fish? It's not like the apartment is being bombed or anything.

Emily

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
As long as your water is getting plenty of agitation, it should be fine. Some people buy tarps and use double sided tape to tape it to the find of the tank. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
As long as your water is getting plenty of agitation, it should be fine. Some people buy tarps and use double sided tape to tape it to the find of the tank. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

I think my water gets lots of agitation. What is the find of the tank?

Emily

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Oops sorry, auto correct lol. The trim/rim of the tank*

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
Oops sorry, auto correct lol. The trim/rim of the tank*

Ah. Thanks. I didn't do anything special, but as it turns out my apartment didn't get sprayed. For some reason, my landlords key to my place didn't let her in. My roommate and I have no idea why, as our keys work just fine....

Emily

austinwend

Registered Member
Apr 12, 2014
I got a notice from my landlord that pest control is coming to spray tomorrow. I think they come about three or four times a year? It's just preventative, but they spray all the apartments. My landlord said something about people with fish tanks like to seal up their tanks airtight so no pesticides get in and harm the fish. But, it seems to me if the tank is sealed airtight, then no air gets in and the fish can't breathe. How likely is it that the pesticides will harm the fish? It's not like the apartment is being bombed or anything.
Well, it's not like the pesticides will harm the fishes,everything entirely depends upon the chemicals used by the pest control agency. I've read a blog of owner of new york city pest control and he mentioned that many pest control firms are shifting their attention towards minimizing the usage of chemicals and having eco friendly chemicals used for pest control.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store