Non-Fighting Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
When I was younger and dumber I had a 10g with a male crown-tail and some other small fish (can't recall what they were). I, admittedly stupidly, thought it would be cool to add another male betta and see which would be the "superior specimen" so I did this and the new one was floating by morning. So I went and got another one. The first betta immediately started to flair the new one and would chase it around some but would never attack. They soon became buddies and would swim around together. Interesting I thought. Why not add another male to the mix and see if I could repeat the results. WRONG! The third male was killed by the other two in a few days. I decided not to try again after that and left the two bettas to live out their bromance together in peace.

Anyone else ever heard of two male bettas getting along like this?

Sent from my mind to my fingers to my phone to the MFK servers to you

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Call it a freak of nature for 2 male bettas to get along and not kill each other. The 3rd one was probably the straw that broke the camel's back and it was viewed as a threat another male encroaching on private property. That's why he was killed. Your lucky to have 2 male betta that get along, call it a gift if you want or a blessing cause again, that never happens.

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
Never heard of that happening before. Weird things like that happen. Like my angel that demolishes bigger S/A cichlids and adult convicts. Rare, but things like these do pop up once in a blue moon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store