Great shrimp tank on sale

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
Not sure if anyone has posted this elsewhere or noticed. But Petco is having a sale online right now. Normally, their sale prices are no better than what you can get at Ken's or Drs. F&S.

But they have one item that appears to be a pretty good deal for a small aquarium.... ideally for shrimp maybe. The Marineland Eclipse Hex 5 (5 gallon). It has higher reviews than the Mini-bow 2.5, and right now it's cheaper than the mini-bow. Plus, what's even better is it includes a fluorescent bulb instead of incandescent. It's only $29.99 right now. Add some other things to make the order $49 and it's free shipping.

I ordered one but haven't received it yet. I'm thinking about getting another before the sale ends. I recently put some yellow shrimp in a mini-bow 2.5 with Fluval shrimp stratum and they are doing great. I covered the intake to protect shrimplets. I've previously been using 5 and 10 gallon standard glass tanks for shrimp but am loving these mini-bows 2.5 for them. So I am sure this Marineland 5 will be even better.... may use it to raise crays until they are big enough to go in other tanks with other inhabitants.

Just thought I'd share.
[h=1][/h]

rastoma

AC Members
Feb 29, 2012
Jasper, TN
cool.. nice find. I usually check on Amazon for price comparison, forgot to this time.

Wow.. the 3 gallon is quite a bit more without free shipping.

Now I think I'll order a second since I don't have to add other filler items :)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store