Dog AND Cat ownership statistics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Does anyone know where I would be able to find recent figures showing the percentage of US households that own both a dog AND cat? I've found the numbers for dogs and the numbers for cats, but need to find the overlap.

Thanks.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Dogs are better than cats in every measurable way.

Dog people are better than cat people in every measurable way. Cat people will complain about that previous 100% true statistic, but the fact is they have defective brains.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Dogs are better than cats in every measurable way.

Dog people are better than cat people in every measurable way. Cat people will complain about that previous 100% true statistic, but the fact is they have defective brains.
You are underestimating cats, they are loyal and smart in their own ways (dead mice, birds, reptiles, etc..)

I wouldn't call myself a cat person though, my dog is overall a better learner than my cat. My dog can do 5 tricks while the cat can only sit :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
Cats are threat to to the worlds biodiversity.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21236690

They are a plague and need to be stopped.
So are humans, but all of that aside, I would rather have an animal that has an attitude at times, but knows how to bathe and groom itself and knows where to go to the bathroom than a dog, which goes wherever it pleases and can be more destructive than a human toddler. Plus dogs smell bad.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
So are humans, but all of that aside, I would rather have an animal that has an attitude at times, but knows how to bathe and groom itself and knows where to go to the bathroom than a dog, which goes wherever it pleases and can be more destructive than a human toddler. Plus dogs smell bad.

Not sure how many litter boxes you clean but cats areas smell terrible and is inevitable for the cat and will smell bad every day regardless if you clean it because they'll just go again! lol However a dog you can simply bathe and never smell as bad as a litterbox imo. A big difference between dogs and cats is cats are far more independent as a species (i don't care about your anecdotal evidence) while dogs are bonded much stronger to their humans. I like my loyal loving dog who protects my house and my people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.

Can you all see how the cat owner is compelled to address even the most ridiculous of claims which they interpret as a slight against cat-kind. This is due to a parasite which lives in the cats intestines and infect the human brain. The infection causes the human to act irrationally and actually seek out cat boxes so they can consume more of the parasite and spread infection.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Not sure how many litter boxes you clean but cats areas smell terrible and is inevitable for the cat and will smell bad every day regardless if you clean it because they'll just go again! lol However a dog you can simply bathe and never smell as bad as a litterbox imo. A big difference between dogs and cats is cats are far more independent as a species (i don't care about your anecdotal evidence) while dogs are bonded much stronger to their humans. I like my loyal loving dog who protects my house and my people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
wow..this is wrong on so many levels...
cats and dogs occupy different aspects of our lives..and I would question your statement on loyalties..

cats and dog breed vary considerably how they interact with us.

I have ragdoll cats which display as much loyalty as any dog I have ever owned.

I have both cats and dogs..in case you wonder..as well as a lot of fish. that also occupy a different aspect of my life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store