I.D this clown please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Juvenile Clarkii. Cute little guy.

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
I'm not a fish swimming expert....

But....how exactly does he swim? He seems to be swimming up and down in like a wave pattern (like how you use a knife)....is this normal or should I not get him?

-I'm already getting dizzy watching him lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Sounds about right.

Clowns sort of wiggle along in the water. They look like amateurs next to other reef fish (especially predatory fish that can go from 0 to food in a second), but they somehow manage quite well so guess it works for them.

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
Okay thanks to both of you! I can stop following the clown up and down. And up and down. And up and down. And up and down...up and down...up and down.......

I might get him. $15 for the cutest clown I've seen. He'll temp live in a 10 for about 3/4 weeks and will be moved to the 40 afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
You'll love him. Clownfish are my wet pets. I am able to feed my clowns by hand. After 3 days, a new pair I just got started to pick up this habbit already.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Clowns are hardy and easy to raise, Anemones==not as much.
I was asking cause he said he hand feeds his clowns, usually doesnt work with nem's present unless he feeding chunks of his hand :)
Atleast thats how its been with clown pairs I've had, once they're hosting they go to attack mode when your hand goes in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store