Drivers license question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Okay, it's been a while but I have a question. I am 16 (soon to be 17) and I was just involved in a minor fender bender (well for my car). Nobody was injured or anything like that. The policeman who responded (after over half an hour after the phone call) said it was his first time doing an accident report and screwed a couple things up at first. I think they got fixed. He ended up taking my license and saying that I get it back after the court date. until then I am supposed to drive using my ticket as a license. That doesn't make sense to me and my court date isnt until mid March. The ticket was $120 failure to slow down/yield (or something like that). But the guy I hit said he did almost the same thing last year to someone else. He said that he won't go to court and say that it was my fault or anything. When the other guy did that for him the ticket was lifted. Does this all make sense?

Also, what are you supposed to do when anti lock breaks lock up on slippery roads even if you barely tap them? They locked up a second time when I was driving through my neighborhood to get home. Now I absolutely refuse to drive in this kind of weather. I will wait until the roads are as clear as they are going to get. But my neighborhood is horribly plowed due to being all curves and tight turns.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
All I know, the police officer was surposed to give you back your drivers license and not take it from you, your allowed 3 strikes not one. You can't drive using the ticket as a license and you should have someone drive you around till you get it back. That's all I know.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
All I know, the police officer was surposed to give you back your drivers license and not take it from you, your allowed 3 strikes not one. You can't drive using the ticket as a license and you should have someone drive you around till you get it back. That's all I know.
That's what I was thinking too. If your license gets taken I'm almost positive you are just not supposed to drive until you get it back. Also I believe the 3 strikes is more of a courtesy than a rule. My brother had his license taken on his first accident. Granted it was a fairly serious accident. From what you described though it does not seem like the officer meant to strip you of your license. I would call the local PD tomorrow and ask them to clear things up for you.

Also your anti-locks kicking on that easily most likely just means that it was very, very slippery out. Snowy, icy weather can be very dangerous. Try not to underestimate it.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
my parents are calling about everything tomorrow. My car has almost no damage. I hit the left rear of the other guys car and that broke the bumper and it started dragging. He ripped it off and put it in the back seat after the officer looked at everything. Neither of us expected that much damage to his car after seeing mine and feeling the hit. When the officer finally finished near 7 keeping in mind the accident happened around 5:30 he handed me the paperwork and explained everything. I asked about my license and he said he took it and I should drive with the ticket.
I'm taking the bus to school tomorrow so by the time I have to go to work my parents should have it all figured out. It must have been much more slippery than everywhere else because until I got to my likely not plowed neighbourhood the breaks worked like normal.
Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
In illinois we can drive on a ticket. I would check to make sure.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
You can drive on a ticket.

Sent from my SCH-I110 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
What state do you live in? Laws and procedures are different in each state. As far as the antilock issue, you need to consider something. People were safely negtioating icy roads long before the invention of antilock brakes and traction control. These inventions make it easier to do so, but are no substitute for skill and judgement. You need to get an experienced driver (preferably a parent) with you,find a nice icy parking lot and slide your car around to get comfortable with the process. As you found out, slides happen. If you can't control one when you're fully aware of it and trying, as you see it usually ends up badly when one takes you by surprise.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Three post above I was talking about when they didn't slow the car in my neighbourhood not in the accident. Kind of weird that in my neighbourhood plowing the road means a 3 to 4 foot semi clear area in the middle of the street. The bus just went through the expensive gated neighbourhood that uses the same public plows and their streets were really nicely cleared. Still the little they do in my neighbourhood would have helped last night.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store