Mystery angelfish illness

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sara3502

AC Members
Jun 28, 2011
One of my angelfish died today after 3 weeks of being sick. He started with a cloudy/fuzzy head, and then lost part of his long hanging fins, and lost over half of his tail. His head looked a little like hole in the head, and his top fin looked twisted. I treated with api general cure. For a week he seemed fine, eating great. Today he suddenly died. One of my other angels now has a twisted top fin, and 2 of them lost part of their long thin fins. Occasionally they will swim around using only one fin. They are eating like pigs! None of the other fish look sick. The tank is heavily planted.
Temp: 76-78
Ammonia: 0
pH: 7.2
this tank has been running since June. Right before this happened I got a wal-mart angel which died quickly. Do you think it started this? It's a 46 gallon bowfront

Occupants:
1 kribensis
1 baby koi (building him a pond)
8 neon tetras
2 rosy barbs
1 albino tiger barb
4 algae eaters
1 dragon goby
1 peacock eel
2 african dwarf frogs
1 tiny red eared slider (rarely enters water, never touches the fish. I have to have him in these along with the koi. My brothers got them thinking they would be good in the tank. They will be gone soon.)

please help save my fish! I don't want to lose any more angels!!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store