Hi from the Hoosier state

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ZivaD

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
Hi there,
I've been lurking around the site for a bit now, liked what I've seen, and decided to finally take the plunge and join in the fray.
On the hobby side of things - been a fish nut for as long as I can remember and have drifted in and out of various stages of multiple-tank-syndrome for the better part of three decades. Most of my time has been spent with livebearers - but we have also had a Malawi tank (that was my husbands - yes, one fish nut married another - a recipe for disaster when you don't have a partner who can be the voice of reason, lol), a convict tank, angelfish, etc - a total freshwater family.
On the personal side of things - I was born and raised in Idaho, and am now in Indiana by way of Oregon and North Carolina. I work in social services, have two human children (a daughter, 16 and son, 11), and an assortment of fur-kids (5 cats, 3 dogs and 2 horses at the moment). My husband retired three years ago from a 20+ year career in the US Marine Corps and we have been adjusting to life with real roots, just not sure this is where I always dreamed of having those roots go down, but you bloom where you're planted, right?
At the moment we have a 29 gallon tank that is housing my daughter's 4-H guppy breeding project with one clown pleco and one bristlenose and my son's 35 hex tank which houses his two angels and one blue lobster (along with a couple of young guppies who managed to evade capture during the recent tank switch I pulled off with their fish).
We also have a clown loach (I know, I know "just one" - but that wasn't our idea and will soon be rectified) and one common pleco (again, very aware of the issue there, working on proper housing for him too). These guys will be moving into my newest acquisition, a 125 gallon set up, as soon as I get it ready for inhabitants (picked up the last bag of substrate this afternoon, will be adding water this week so I can fire up heat and filtration).
So, that's me in the nuthouse - er, nutshell. Looking forward to getting to know the rest of the community and having a great set of new brains to pick as I embark on the adventure of this new tank.........

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store