Babies...!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tranzformer

Registered Member
Jan 13, 2013
Went to the LFS a few days ago and bought 3 Blueberry Shrimps (not too sure if that's what they are because they just called it "Blue Shrimps") and one of them was berried. Got home and was about to put them in the 2G with the RCS. Thought about it and decided to hold off on it because I wanted to do a water change before I place them in. Needless to say, I didn't get around to doing that until two days later...lol...I did in the meantime opened the bag and put some moss and stargrass in the bag for the shrimps...and yea, I also put some food in there also at the same time. Wait..! Before you judge...I did find out that it wasn't a good idea to put them together anyways... turns out if they mix...the offspring would just be a dull, brown, wild color ;P

Well, two days later, I wake up to find the bag full of little shrimplets all over...!! So I hastily set up a little 1/2 G rectangular vase I used to house my HM betta in...

Can anybody tell me what kind of shrimps are these..??IMG_0049[1].jpgIMG_0048[1].jpg

IMG_0049[1].jpg IMG_0048[1].jpg IMG_0064[1].jpg IMG_0071[1].jpg

shrimp lover

Registered Member
Jan 30, 2013
its very hard to tell with these bad pictures....but could be oebt blueberry thats all i can really think of since blue velvet and blue pearl are a lighter blue

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
might want to get a small bubble filter going on that tank.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
No way to tell until they are older and colored up. Definitely don't overfeed if that tank is without filtration, only the tiniest bit of food once a day at most. Good luck!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i would not have left the shrimps in the bag for more then a few hours. let alone a few days... luckily they survived... good luck with the shrimplets

tranzformer

Registered Member
Jan 13, 2013
Yup...they are definitely blueberry's...I did extensive research (googled the heck out of 'em) ..P

I know, it's a miracle the babies survived..now that they are in their tank, they seem to be ok...little buggers are swimming all over the place. I have a couple of loose rotalas floating on the surface and they seem to like gathering on the plants. I'm sorry about the bad pictures...I was excited about the babies and couldn't find a decent camera anywhere. I will definitely look for it and post some better pictures.

As to the feeding, I hardly ever feed them...just maybe once every other day. I took a couple of marimo moss balls and some stargrass from my other tank and dumped them into the blueberries. They should be fine with that in terms of food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store