Bristlenose Plecos and green beans.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd go for more than just green beans--zucchini, carrots, etc--but a diet of frozen veggies plus what algae the tank produces should be fine.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Try zucchini once in a while. I haven't had a pleco that hasn't loved zucchini, other veggies seem to be hit or miss depending on the individual pleco.

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
My pleco loves thinly sliced cucumbers. I put a few slices in the tank on weighed down with a chip clip a few times a week and the next morning everything but the skin is left. It's funny because there's just perfect rings of the skin left.

You said you have baby bristle nose plecos? If you would consider selling one, pm me and we will see what we could work out!

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I would probably supplement some with wafers, but veggies are great for BN plecos. Once they get a little size on them, BN plecos are very easy to ship.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Yes, vary the diet, not just green beans. Zucs, blanched Romain lettus, and green beans have been my BN food of choise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store