I.D. Help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sea cucumber or nudibanch.

In the 2nd picture there appears to be two "bunny like" ears on the far side of the slug. Did you notice those when you saw it or is that just part of the background? If they were present, it is most likely a nudibranch. The probelm with IDing those is that there are 1,000's of them.

If you see it again, catch it (wear gloves to be safe), place it in a small container and take some closer pics.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
The majority of nudies are bad, if he didnt add it, it probably hitchiked in on some coral likely making it some sort of coral eating nudie.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
That doesn't look like any bad nudi I have seen but it may be. Chances are it eats something that won't be in our tanks and being a selective eater, it probably won't make it too long.

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
^^ That wouldn't be cool. I hope he pulls through, OP!...Er...and isn't a hazard to everyone else!

The majority of nudies are bad, if he didnt add it, it probably hitchiked in on some coral likely making it some sort of coral eating nudie.
Didn't think of that....

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Nudis which eat coral are practically always found on the type of coral they eat, and often look like it as well. That one looks like a turd, which is probably what it eats.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nudis which eat coral are practically always found on the type of coral they eat, and often look like it as well. That one looks like a turd, which is probably what it eats.
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store