Malawi to Tanganyika

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dego510

AC Members
Oct 22, 2009
Chicago, IL
I currently have a 75 gallon All-Male Peacocks/Haps tank that I like but I'm going to be getting a 125G soon and have been thinking of switching to a Frontosa setup with a few Calvus and Compressiceps. I've been watching some Frontosa videos and like the way they look.

For those that already made that switch, do you recommend it? Do you like it better or find it more enjoyable?

Or did you go from a Frontosa tank to peacock/haps tank and like that a lot more? Why?

I only want to keep one or the other (one tank) so I'm looking to see what others personally prefer when having kept both.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I have switched back and forth a few times i can never make my mind up and i am getting ready to do it again but i am switching from a Tang tank back to a Malawi Predator tank but this time i plan on keeping both Tangs and Malawi together.. Ambush predators from Tanganyika and some Malawi Trout's.. I too had the Frontosa and Calvus setup about 5 to 6 yrs ago was a decent setup you should like it..

Dego510

AC Members
Oct 22, 2009
Chicago, IL
I too had the Frontosa and Calvus setup about 5 to 6 yrs ago was a decent setup you should like it..
Was there something you didn't like about Frontosa or Calvus? Or did you just want to change setups?

I fear selling my male peacocks/haps and not liking frontosa.

Anyone go from peacocks/haps to Frontosa and never looked back?

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Not really i just change my mind way too much the only down fall to Front's is that they grow very slowly and i can be a little impatient at times..

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
I changed from a malwai setup to fronts. I like it a lot better because the fronts aren't nearly as aggressive, so its less stressful for me to watch the tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I agree with Manafel that is a key point with them..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store