Finally figured it out

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cathan

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Burbank California
Ever since I got my Clarkii clown, he would sleep on the sand bed and looked dead. I remember the first time seeing this and I went to go get the net and came back to him moving. What a moment.

I've been wondering why he's been on the sand bed like that every night until lights go on. So I decided to shutoff the lights and waited until 11 pm to see what's going on.

All I see him do is fight the current. I guess playing or exercising against the current. Was fun watching him. Maybe he's training for the fish Olympics. :rofl: guess I'd be tired after training and just lie dead on my bed too afterwards lol :p

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You should play the Rocky theme song to inspire his/her training.

Yep, they do that sometimes. I've seen clowns bed in the sand with an anemone 2 inches away.

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
I'd freak out if my clowns ever did that!! Lol. Mine usually sleep at the top between the heater and mangrove planters. One night, they decided to have a sleepover in my female's cave. I was freaking out when I couldn't find them!!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Ever since I got my Clarkii clown, he would sleep on the sand bed and looked dead. I remember the first time seeing this and I went to go get the net and came back to him moving. What a moment.

I've been wondering why he's been on the sand bed like that every night until lights go on. So I decided to shutoff the lights and waited until 11 pm to see what's going on.

All I see him do is fight the current. I guess playing or exercising against the current. Was fun watching him. Maybe he's training for the fish Olympics. :rofl: guess I'd be tired after training and just lie dead on my bed too afterwards lol :p

Trying to host the sand? :p

My maroon clown has been trying to host a cave in my tank for a few months, it happens to be the same cave where my coral banded shrimp lives :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I had a perc that would do the same thing in front of the powerhead, but then would sleep perched between the powerhead and the glass. It stopped when I added the 2nd clown and they both started sleeping in the rocks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store