Another Freebie!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
So today I should be picking up an aquarium which was offered to me for free. It leaks and needs a complete reseal, but hey, it's free! I have some work early, then I have to run out and pick up some lumber and build a stand for it. Hopefully I can get it all done & get there by 5 or I'll have to wait until Wed. I don't want to have to move it twice, so the stand needs to be ready. I'll do the reseal while it's on the stand. Oh, btw it's a Marineland 150 Deep Dimension with a starphire front panel and corner overflow! My wife can finally have the Dogface Puffer she's been nagging me about!

A. Nonymous

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
Good luck w/the reseal. I have never ever been able to re-seal an aquarium successfully. It always works for a time, but then fails. For a tank like that I would so try it though.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I have pretty good success resealing. A 65 I just did needed to be redone after I redid it, but that's the first time I can remember having to do the job twice.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Simply amazing score. Congrats!

How did the seals get so bad on it? They have made DD tanks that long.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I don't know for sure. Apparently it had been set up for about 6 months when it suddenly sprang a leak in one of the lower corners. A quick look showed nothing wrong with the glass, but I need to get a look at it in better light. Worst case scenario, it would make a heck of a terrarium!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I would pay to have it professionally resealed if I had to. Those are nice tanks and the price of resealing it would be a fraction of retail on a new one.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
On the stand! I lucked out standwise. I realized the only place I could put the tank was where I already had a 65 gal on an angle iron stand. Then I remembered that I had an identical angle iron stand, and realized that the 150 would fit perfectly on the two together! It's kind of poetic in a way, because when I got the stands, they were being used to hold an 8' long 180 gal tank, one at each end with an open 2' span in the middle. These stands are used to working as a team! Last pic shows the leak. It looks like the silicone was sliced with a blade while scraping algae. Time to clean it!

IMG_20130212_115428.jpg IMG_20130212_115439.jpg IMG_20130212_123626.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store