Comet or marine betta.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Sent from my SCH-I110 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Is this fish like fw betta? Bread for favorable traits?

Sent from my SCH-I110 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
No, although they are being bred in captivity. There are two distinct species, differentiated by the spotting on the body. Calloplesiops altivelis has smaller spots arranged in rows the length of the body, C. argus had slightly larger spots scattered randomly over the body. Both fish tend to be rather shy at first, and can be a bit finicky about food. Live shrimp is their favorite, mysis or ghost shrimp depending on size. With a bit of effort they can be trained to overcome their shyness and eat frozen and sometimes even freeze dried krill. They really are an interesting fish to watch hunt live shrimp. They hover over the shrimp with their body bent almost 90 degrees, and then straighten out like a snake striking to catch the shrimp.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
No, although they are being bred in captivity. There are two distinct species, differentiated by the spotting on the body. Calloplesiops altivelis has smaller spots arranged in rows the length of the body, C. argus had slightly larger spots scattered randomly over the body. Both fish tend to be rather shy at first, and can be a bit finicky about food. Live shrimp is their favorite, mysis or ghost shrimp depending on size. With a bit of effort they can be trained to overcome their shyness and eat frozen and sometimes even freeze dried krill. They really are an interesting fish to watch hunt live shrimp. They hover over the shrimp with their body bent almost 90 degrees, and then straighten out like a snake striking to catch the shrimp.
I didn't know they were trying to breed them in captivity, that's pretty cool!

Marine bettas are not commonly bred by the home aquarist (yet) They are pretty timid fish, and can get somewhat big.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store