90 gallon curved front

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

COpathfindin

AC Members
Jun 3, 2011
Continental Devide, CO
Real Name
Sam
I have a jebo new r3126. It's a curved front, all glass aquarium in the 90 gallon zone. I am looking to take it from the current planted freshwater to a reef. I am looking at a beana imam style over over flow, as large a sump as I can fit beneath the stand, a mix of MH and power compacts. I'm planning a mixed reef tank, I
Am looking to build a high tech style tank, eventually with the goal of a fully automated system only requiring me to clean the glass and handle maintenance. I am going to keep my planted tank going until I have compiled all the pieces to the puzzle. I was looking to see what your thoughts are on equipment and what's more important. I currently have the tank, all the plumping parts for the overflow, some of the lighting components and some of th various pumps. My next purchase will be a controller, likely an apex. Followed by a wavemaker and pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Apex have wavemaker capabilities just need to use the right powerheads with it. Going with the full Apex system or just the Lite for now?

Whats the size on a curved 90g is it a 48" tank?

You'll also want a good skimmer and a rodi.

COpathfindin

AC Members
Jun 3, 2011
Continental Devide, CO
Real Name
Sam
I have a small rodi system which still needs to be installed. I am planning full apex, and I will likely use its wavemaker over buying one. Yes the tank is 48x20x28.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Lose the power compacts and run T5HO instead. More light & less heat for the power consumed, longer bulb life and cheaper bulb replacement. It will pay for itself fairly quickly.

COpathfindin

AC Members
Jun 3, 2011
Continental Devide, CO
Real Name
Sam
Good call, I have some from my current tank I could retro fit into a canopy with he halides. My end goal will be dual led fixtures, but for now in just going with what's easy accessible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store