100g GBR/EBR tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
After alot of searching I finally found how I wanted to stock my 100. Got 3 EBRs by chance (when did petco start carrying these???) and then got 4 GBRs to accompany them. So far Im really enjoying them. Had the EBRs for about 2 weeks and the GBRs for a day but everything seems to be going good. Ive noticed they like to flash and show and chase alot which is fun to wtch. There doesnt seem to appear to be any damage done from it and the bouts dont last long but im keeping an eye on them to make sure.

Not really sure how im going to stock the upper levels of the tank. I really think cardinals would look great with them but I dont have much faith in my ability to keep them because all previous attempts failed horribly. I was thinking a group of emperor tetras would be really cool but Im not sure how theyd get along, dont want any of those EBRs to get killed. Open to suggestions for tankmates.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Heres a crappy FTS courtesy of my phone.

FTS.jpg69667_601683073181460_128748386_n.jpg

FTS.jpg 69667_601683073181460_128748386_n.jpg

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
77 views and no responses?

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Unfortunately that is how this forum is sometimes...

But I do have to say I really like your stocking list! I like your tank decor as well.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
To compliment the blue color, fish with red, orange, and yellow will work well. That being said; Platies and Swordtails should work if you have hard water. Many tetras would work if your water is softer. Lemon Tetras, Serpae Tetras, and Buenos Aires Tetras show well. Congo tetras are beautiful in a school. If you want flash with a hint of color, Red eye Tetras will do the trick.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
@Fishbone Thanks, they all tend to hang on he left side of the tank. Which is nice because my bed is beside the tank (to the left from the pictures view) and from my pillow i get a view directly down the tank.

@JasonFish I think my water is in the upper 7s, but its been awhile since Ive tested it. Im thinking about adding dryed leaves to my tank to lower the PH and make my rams happier.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Where can i find peat? Ive had trouble trying to get ahold of it in the past. I dont like the idea of having to dose my tank, i think an active buffer would work better.

From what Ive read the leaf litter can really add to a tank. The leaves not only supply tannins but they are also a good source of infursia. The leaf piles also offer additional hiding spots for fish and fry. Just got to find a good supply of oak trees. Im assuming texas oaks will work fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store