To Those Who are Mac Savvy....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
When I left for church this morning, I left my Mac book pro on the table, half open. I just got home and tried to wake it up and noticed the battery was dead. So I went upstairs and plugged it in. The charger light never changed from green to orange to signal that it's charging, but the tiny white light on the front that blinks when it's sleeping started to blink. So I tried to wake it up and nothing happened. Hit the power button, held the power button, nothing. In the silence of the "WTH?" moment, I noticed that when the white light blinked, it beeped. So I put my ear next to it and it sounded like the hard drive or whatever was trying to run when the light blinked but stopped when it turned off.

That's what I know. What can I do to turn the thing on? Or am I screwed?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
try this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1367

I've been out of macs, alas, for a long time now...but just in general terms I wonder if it may have gotten over-charged? Unplug everything, leave it as "on" as it currently can get; let the battery run down a little, then power off and back on. most basic diagnostic/repair step there is. Good luck. :)

KellyFrancis

Holo the Wise Wolf
Jul 13, 2012
When I left for church, I was on it surfing the web just fine and didn't plug it in when I left. There was something like 60% of the battery left when I left it.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Have some Ben & Jerry's Cinammon Bun Ice Cream....

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I have no idea which model of mac laptop you have Kelly, but if it's one of the models that you can take the battery out of first unplug the power adapter from the laptop (use a coin to unlock the battery on the bottom) then take out the battery. with the battery out press and hold the power button for 10sec (count 1 mississippi ...to 10) that should clear the PRAM on the motherbord/logicboard. Then put the battery back in and plug the ac adapter back into the laptop and try to turn it on.

Good Luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store