Imp things to share with you all!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ravikumar18

Registered Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hello all,
I am new member for this community and just started to keep aquarium in my home now.
I have surfi tetra and molly in a 8 in bowl..... :) happy all

I thought to join because of lack of awarness in aquatic animals... and upset too :(
Today my betta fighter fish (Rambo) is died because of my lack of knowledge....

I would like to share what had happen with me so that it doesnt happen with you all...

Day before yesterday .... I bought two white molly and kept in my 8 inch bowl.... where my lovely fighter and 4 surfitetra (very small) was living together....
As molly was new and as i think..... (betta)fighter need space in bowl..... betta make mollies and tetra run all around the bowl.....:)... make me to think to keep betta separate from all the community of fishes for a while and buy a tank soon..... so i kept in plastic container (material like tupperware https://www.google.com/search?q=tup...DIAQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1241&bih=584#imgrc=_) and then he was kept in that container for whole night.... and next morning i saw he got white patches (guess ICK) on his body..... I try to minimise it by adding blue drops and changing water but ther was no sign of change and he was dying sec by sec.... I went to shop to buy medicine but i was late..... :cry:

So my friend when you are taking care of your pets..... dont repeat the same what I did..... I have learned that it was not died by sickness but because of material which i used for keeping a pet.... as i change water on regular basis.... so no chance of getting him sick....
he died because of his smooth body touches the plastic rough surface and make him get scratch on his body...... that leads to infection

so just remind you that you should use a smooth container which doesnt have any residue of any kind of detergents which meant for cleaning purpose for tupperware.....

One question: How to train a MOLLY as I have train my betta daily.... he started to jump and roll around my finger.... missing my fighter rambo ....

Lov You all!!!
Ravi Kumar

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com