Lost my anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Picked up a 2"ish maxi mini yesterday, after placing it in the tank it didnt particularly like the spot i placed it and moved a few inches. Once my retarded female ocellaris found it she started harrassing it last night and it went on the move again now I can't find where it went this morning :( I don't think its dead it was very healthy looking just have a bunch of crevices it could be hiding in, don't want to tear it apart so I'll just hope it decides to reappear. My plan was to eventually get several of them and have a little maxi garden.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
My guess is that you are correct. Also know that these carpets (as well as haddonis) are know to bury themselves in the sand when they get spooked (be careful if you vacuuum your sand :)).

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Didn't know about burying themselves that could be a possibility I had originally placed it about 1/3 the way up from the substrate and it did make its way lower from there. Could be that my clown chased it underground.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
He popped up last night ended up on my GSP rock. Not exactly where I wanted him but I guess for now on I know to place any future maxi's on a flat piece of shelf rock on the substrate.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Good to hear.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store