• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tone973

AC Members
Aug 16, 2012
Im new to tanking. Never had a tank. My girlfriends brother got me into it. This is what I have accomplished so far. 60lbs of live rock. 20lbs live sand. Aqua clear 110 filter doing 500gph. A hydor circulation and wave pump doing 1050gph. And a light I got from my girlfriend brother. What you guys think. Let me know some other things I may need and even let me know what may be wrong. Im new so all input is good input to me.

Thank you

Tone

Sent from my SPH-L900 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ray1981

AC Members
Mar 24, 2012
Mercedes Texas
I don't have any saltwater tanks. They are just to much work in my opinion. If this is your first tank and you've never in your life had a tank whether fresh or saltwater I wouldn't start with a saltwater tank. Just to much work especially for a newbie.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gtdad2

AC Members
Nov 13, 2011
What size tank is it? What are your stocking plans? What type of light fixture do you have? I agree that perhaps you should consider a freshwater tank first.

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
I've been keeping fish for 15 years and have yet to make the leap to saltwater. Too much time and dedication. Don't get me wrong, freshwater can also be quite demanding but in general it's easier even if you have a busy schedule.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store