1 white spot, 2 black spots, bloated bellies, different fish....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
My research is not turning up anything so I was just giving everything time and optimal conditions for healing but that isnt working so...help!?

One of my cardinal tetras just acquired a single white "object" on it's side under it's blue line below it's dorsal fin. The area around it looks swollen and raised. The object obviously protrudes from it's body. It is breathing slightly heavier/faster than normal. My brother describes it as a white head. I think this might be body flukes?

My long fin albino pleco has had these dark spots for months now and his fins are not long anymore, they look healthy but are now normal size instead of long. The spots are a little smaller than an eraser head in diameter, located under the dorsal fin, are not solid colored more like a condensed peppering, appear to be on the surface of his skin/scales and it does not look irritated in any way. Other than that he acts quite healthy. I can not find anything close to this description as far as diseases or parasites.

I may as well note that my common BN female has been under weight for 2 years after spawning a couple times and doesn't seem to put on weight but is still kicking too. The marks on my male kinda look like injury marks (from breeding) but they never went away.

These are in my 72g which is in my signature (the embers, rummynose and mystery fish are leftover fish from breaking down all my tanks, that is why they are not properly stocked). The tank is medium planted currently no CO2 or ferts (a few months that way). Normal pH -7.0 without co2

My synodontis currently in the 20L (soon moving to a 58g though) all have swollen bellies. Some bulge evenly but others bulge irregularly with bumps here and there. Hard to describe...think of a movie where a pregnant women has the baby's foot protruding out her belly. :) They are eating and acting normally. The pH was higher than normal today at 8.8, normal is 8.2.

I feed all my fish NLS, do regular water changes and test regularly. Everything has tested normal except the high pH stated above. No ammonia or nitrites and nitrates are never over 20 in either tank.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I would if I could but my camera is no good, the tetra is too small and the synodontis is too fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store