guppies keep dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

otmmy

AC Members
May 9, 2012
Lethbridge,AB,Canada
Real Name
Tommy
I have been having a problem with my 30g guppy they keep dying at an alarming rate at least one a day.It just started happening the tank has been healthy up until a few weeks.I cant figure out what it is. The tank has been running for a year the temp is 80 the water parameters are 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 5 nitrate.The fish stock are guppies started with around 15 adults now I have about 6.There are lots of babies now to,4 kuli loaches and 3 amino shrimp.All fish look healthy swimming eating no sign of disease I cant figure out what it could be.I was thinking maybe it the kuli's but they have been in there for a while and this just started happening about 2 weeks ago.
Would love to get some advise and help in anyway.
Thank you

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
I have been having a problem with my 30g guppy they keep dying at an alarming rate at least one a day.It just started happening the tank has been healthy up until a few weeks.I cant figure out what it is. The tank has been running for a year the temp is 80 the water parameters are 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 5 nitrate.The fish stock are guppies started with around 15 adults now I have about 6.There are lots of babies now to,4 kuli loaches and 3 amino shrimp.All fish look healthy swimming eating no sign of disease I cant figure out what it could be.I was thinking maybe it the kuli's but they have been in there for a while and this just started happening about 2 weeks ago.
Would love to get some advise and help in anyway.
Thank you
Weird . . . given the information. All I can think to tell you is continue to monitor your water quality and signs of disease. Don't rule out predation. BTW, you didn't mention the pH.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

otmmy

AC Members
May 9, 2012
Lethbridge,AB,Canada
Real Name
Tommy
Weird . . . given the information. All I can think to tell you is continue to monitor your water quality and signs of disease. Don't rule out predation. BTW, you didn't mention the pH.

ph is 7.5 Its weird that its just the guppies that are dying I was thinking if its a water quality the shrimp or more sensative and I might have lost some of them.So im thinking it might be the loaches but strange that they have been in there for close to 7 months and never any problems.
Thanks for the fast respons btw.

otmmy

AC Members
May 9, 2012
Lethbridge,AB,Canada
Real Name
Tommy
Best pic I could get they wouldnt stay still.DSC00314.JPG

DSC00314.JPG

Berylla

AC Members
Mar 4, 2013
She looks fine! The ones that died, were they smaller than the others? Rotting fins?

otmmy

AC Members
May 9, 2012
Lethbridge,AB,Canada
Real Name
Tommy
She looks fine! The ones that died, were they smaller than the others? Rotting fins?
Nope they were all perfectly fine looking no sign of disease.

Berylla

AC Members
Mar 4, 2013
Weird. What is your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate like? Also, 80 is a bit warm for guppies (I think).

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
I wouldn't change anything, just wait a while longer. If you don't lose any more, I'd say disease of some kind. If they're still dying one at a time, maybe you've inadvertently introduced a foreign chemical in the water. Your tests are good and the temp is fine . . . if you're not using carbon, please do so. Actually I'm stumped. I'm just telling you what I would do. Are the loaches getting fat?

otmmy

AC Members
May 9, 2012
Lethbridge,AB,Canada
Real Name
Tommy
I wouldn't change anything, just wait a while longer. If you don't lose any more, I'd say disease of some kind. If they're still dying one at a time, maybe you've inadvertently introduced a foreign chemical in the water. Your tests are good and the temp is fine . . . if you're not using carbon, please do so. Actually I'm stumped. I'm just telling you what I would do. Are the loaches getting fat?

Nope loaches look there normal size. But I will get some carbon for the filter and just keep up on my regular maitnence and hope it stops.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store