Bloated or just fat? Please be fat.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maddie.

Registered Member
Mar 11, 2013
My absolutely favourite German Blue Ram is sick. He's been bloated, gasping for air, and not eating for a couple days now. My dad tells me "he" might be a she and "she" could be just pregnant, but I have a sinking feeling he's really sick. I've been changing the water 40% every other day and I've upped the temperature to 81-82F. Do these methods help???
I'm hoping and praying it's not dropsy. All the threads I've read that start with bloating, then the scales end up with "sorry, everyone, Fins passed away today" and I don't want that to be me!!!!
I know everyone thinks their fish is the best and the coolest, but Chubbles is the cutest, bestest fish by far. I named him Chubbles as of an hour ago, in case, I didn't want him to be nameless. He's a gorgeous blue ram and he's so cute cause I kinda give him more treats so he's pretty chubby. He eats directly from my hand and when I stick my hand in the tank to fix the plants, he always swims around my fingers. This is probably my fault since I might have overfed/given too much protein ='( Please offer any advice/experience you have! I've been sitting in front of his tank this entire weekend and he looks so sad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store