Hi i need some advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

katekruger

Registered Member
Mar 16, 2013
Hi i need a bit of advice about one of my guppies i have about 12 of them and today i noticed one of them (a female i think) sitting ontop of the filter not really moving so i lifted the lid and she moved but she is swimming really oddly like shes rocking rather than swimming she can get from one end of the tank to the other slower than the others but she can still get there i've also noticed she has a bit of red near her gills i read about gill flukes but i'm not sure if thats what it is or not none of the others seem to be ill just her any advice pls thanks KT

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Ammonia/nitrite/nitrate readings from a good liquid test kit? Red gills is often a high ammonia issue....

katekruger

Registered Member
Mar 16, 2013
i did a test after i posted this thread everything was fine appart from the ritrate (the one that goes from yellow to red) the reads where 20ppm which i have been told by a few fish people that isnt particualrly high i dont know why it was at that though because a week ago i did a test and everything was fine the fish has now sadly died but someone who comes round to my house sometimes (unannouced) said it was proberbly swim bladder? i do have two silver loach things in the tank that bully the other fish alot so could it have been caused by the stress of been bullied? thanks for your reply

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
Sorry to hear you have a sick fish. I never had much luck treating sick fish, so I am useless for helping you. I count on clean water and quarantine to keep everybody healthy.

Can you post a picture of her. A clear close up might help someone give you better advice. All the tank parameters too - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, size of tank, cleaning schedule.

wren

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store