I have no idea which course of action to take. PLEASE HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aquariumferret

Registered Member
Mar 16, 2013
I am having my first dreaded bout with Ich. Both my aquariums broke out at the same time as luck would have it. My giant betta, chase, developed about 15 white spots on his fins body and one on his eye. In my other five gallon tank my neon tetras have about three spots on each of them so i think it's in the early stage. I panicked and went to my LFS and bought some coppersafe, took out my two nerite snails and put them in the tetra tank and added it in my buddy chase's tank to hopefully catch it early. But now I'm afraid the copper will kill my plants. I want to treat my other tank but now I have no where to put my snails and shrimps and it's heavily planted! All of the methods iv'e looked at seem to have drawbacks for plants and inverts such as methylene blue, melachite green, and copper. People have recomened salt but won't that harm my plants at the recomended dose of one teaspoon per gallon for about 10 days or so? And I'm worried about raising the temp as some suggest because I have crystal red shrimp that can't take those high of temps! *I have two yellow rabbit snails in the tetra tank that I want to avoid hurting at all costs too. *Love those guys! *I have nowhere else to put my inverts or plants for an extended period of time. Iv'e read so many contadicting suggestions and reviews for and against so many of the same products. What should I do for my tetra tank, and should I take the copper out of my bettas tank with carbon and water changes and treat it a different way? I don't know what to do!!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Why do parasites even have to exist! So frustrating.

lesleyx

AC Members
May 20, 2012
Scotland
Real Name
Lesley
Camera Used
Mobile
I managed to kill ich with just heat i have shrimp, rabbit snails and apples. I couldn't add salt as i have an elephant nose. I just slowly increased the heat to 86-87 added an extra airstone, pwc with gravel vac every second day. Left the heat up a week after last visible spot. I had no loses fish or inverts. Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store