my tank is too small for the equipment of the eheim 2213

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

modri rogatec

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Hi!

I have always read everywhere how there cannot be too much filtration on a tank...And so when I was presented with an option of buying a Eheim classic 150 or 250 (250 =2213) at almost the same price (5 euro difference), I opted for the bigger one.

Now I have a problem. I have just tried to set it up today and the parts are too big...
The intake pipe is longer than the height of the tank ( which is 30 cm) and the spray bar is longer than the shorter side ( 30 cm) of the tank also.

I have tried to improvise a little and put an intake thingy (the plastic basket) on a piece that is supposed to be used for corners - so the intake is a little more than half way to the bottom of the tank (straight).
I put the spray bar on the longer site of the tank (60 cm) but is it now positioned so that it is not straight - as I could not get the soft tubing through the hole in the cover otherwise....
I have tried to prime it - sucked in the output part (while keeping the double taps open) - the water is running OK and the filter is full - but it is humming (and I tried to rock it to get out the air, but it doesn't exactly work...)

Could this humming have any correlation with my improvisation?

If I got spare parts for eheim classic 150, for which I presume the parts are not as big - is the diameter of the hard tubing of the eheim 150 the same as the diameter of soft tubes of the eheim 2213?

Please
help!

AqEnthusiast

AC Members
Dec 19, 2011
I know how you feel. . I had my 2215 in a comparitevly smaller tank with the intake poking out. . Not sure if this can help you but I jolly well went ahead and cut the plastic to my needs.. We can always attach a pipe to elongate it later if needed. ..

About humming not sure how much it is but my 2215 and 2217 does hum a little but not significant to break the silence. . It could be proper priming that you might need?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
I have the same issue with my C-360. Intke is longer than the tank. I have it ziptied to my light to keep it up. I do plan on makign my own PVC intake in the near future.

I already have a custom spraybar attached to the output. Bring the output to home depot and see if a PVC coupling will fit the end...then make a spray bar from PVC and drill a lot of holes in it..

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
You can simply cut a few inches off the end of the spray bar and then reinsert the little stopper. I did that with no issues. In fact I eventually took off the spray bar entirely and just let the water flow directly out of the tube, but I have a 40 gallon tank with two filters.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store