Tanaka Pygmy Wrasse

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I have an opportunity to get a pair of them. I've read they can be quite reclusive anyone with first hand experience? Do they spend most of their time in the rockwork only coming out to feed or will they stay somewhat visible? Tankmates would be mostly passive except for dwarf angel who can be a little aggressive at times.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Totally dependent on the surroundings. If they are the only fish they will be out and about quite often once they get used to you and their surroundings. If they are bullied at all they will stay hidden. These are perfect fish for tanks with firefish and other dart fish and fish like sand dwelling gobies. They will tend to hang near the rocks regardless if they have a whole tank to themselves but they will be visible when they are not threatened.

BTW don't put these in with a mystery wrasse. They will be killed almost instantly.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Cool if they're still available I'll see if I can get them tomorrow, want to make sure they're not super cryptic if I'm going to spend $120 on them.

My only other Wrasse is a fairy who's in a different tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store