Albino Krib Babies!!! Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
If it's very important that you raise the young then you should separate them for their own protection. It's likely that at least some will make it to adulthood if the tankmates mouths aren't too big. Or you could pull some of the fry to rear yourself and let nature take its corse with the rest.

BrooklynAngel

AC Members
Jan 25, 2007
Manhattan, NY
thanks! at what size should I take them away? I am thinking of setting up a ten or twenty gallon for them for now. Do I separate them from their parents?

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
I personally would be safe and separate them from other fish. I'm sure they're looking at them as food.

"Never let your krib fry be in the same tank as the parents for more than 2 months because they will take them as intruders in future broods, kribs will normally reach a sellable size at 1 inch fry can be pretty hardy. It is not unheard of finding fry living in filters!......Take fry out when the female starts to egg up again (when her belly looks very fat, almost like she swallowed a marble) she will view the older fry as intruders and will most likely attack them when caring for the new brood."

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store