Bolivian ram and Cory questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I'll start with my Bolivian ram. Hes a lot smaller than the other rams. Does he look sick or is he just small?
uploadfromtaptalk1364451398669.jpg
Now my Cory's. None of them have barbels and it can't be the substrate BC I switched them from black sand to round river pebbles. I just don't get why they wouldn't have any. The paramaters should be fine but I haven't tested in a while. I don't even have an ammonia test kit but I've kept up with the water changes. Any idea what else could cause this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1364451398669.jpg

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
With the Bolivians what size are they? Are they the same age? It is hard to see from the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Yea they are the same age as far as I know. I bought them all at the same time.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Yea they are the same age as far as I know. I bought them all at the same time.
Buying at same time does not make them the same age. They could be from different batches.

Also maybe just a runt, could not get enough food.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
I've always scattered the food. I am trying to focus some of the food on it now so maybe that will help.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Target feed that Bolivian when you feed them for a week or so, see if it grows or looks healthier. I have one of my four Bolivians that I have taught to eat out of my hand nearly as he is the smallest and struggles for food otherwise.

Neptunius

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Boston, MA
Target feed that Bolivian when you feed them for a week or so, see if it grows or looks healthier. I have one of my four Bolivians that I have taught to eat out of my hand nearly as he is the smallest and struggles for food otherwise.
How did you teach him to eat out of your hand? I have four Bolivians as well and for almost a year the seemed to get along and do well. Lately one of them seems a bit more reclusive and I don't know if he's eating sufficiently. Though I was amused the other day to see him take an algae wafer and drag it into the cafe where he spends most of his time hanging out.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Just by holding food in my hand, he eventually got it that I fed him and now comes straight to my hand. Cafe?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
What about the Cory's? It seems every substrate that was said to be Cory safe had turned out not to be with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store