Spring Break!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Where are you going? Where did you go?

My family and I are heading down to the Florida keys on Sunday morning! I can't wait to go snorkeling and see a living reef while they still exist in the oceans.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Have fun! The Keys are one of my favorite destinations and prefer to stay in the Islamorada or Marathon area and make the drive into Key West for the restaurants and night life. 7 Mile Bridge is one of my favorite features along with the mangroves and beaches around Bahia Honda State Park. Theater of the Sea, Robbie's Marina (Tarpon feeding and party boat fishing) and the Alligator Reef Lighthouse area (for snorkeling) are must-see places, too.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
Have fun! The Keys are one of my favorite destinations and prefer to stay in the Islamorada or Marathon area and make the drive into Key West for the restaurants and night life. 7 Mile Bridge is one of my favorite features along with the mangroves and beaches around Bahia Honda State Park. Theater of the Sea, Robbie's Marina (Tarpon feeding and party boat fishing) and the Alligator Reef Lighthouse area (for snorkeling) are must-see places, too.
We are packing up right now! :) I think we are staying in the key largo area, but we are arriving at the Miami airport. We plan on visiting a few of the different areas.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Feeding Tarpon at Robbies! Not to be missed! Seeing 3.5' of a 5' fish completely out of the water while it's taking a fish from your hand? PRICELESS!!! Just remember to let go!
'

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
We are packing up right now! :) I think we are staying in the key largo area, but we are arriving at the Miami airport. We plan on visiting a few of the different areas.

All the neat stuff Slappy mentioned is south of Key Largo. Robbies and Alligator Reef are in Islamorada, and once you're there everything else isn't too much further south.

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
If you are going to key largo, John Pennicamp State Park is a great place for snorkeling and diving!

Emily

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
Got back late last night... I went snorkeling a few times, went to 2 of the reefs, and also saw the mangroves. Even though we stayed in Key Largo we went to the other islands for snorkeling. (went to Key West, and there was a bunch of freaks) While snorkeling I saw 3 nurse sharks, (my mom got angry when I went right next to one) hundreds of barracuda, a few rays, wrasses, a lionfish, parrotfish, corals, sea fans, damsels, a few large angels, a sea turtle and dolphins on the boat ride to the reefs, and much more! The reefs were amazing, my favorite was the one with thousands of sea-fans, it also had the most corals.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
We went to Robbie's and fed the tarpon, and also a few pelicans by accident. Alligator reef was amazing! There were so many fish and sea fans there, near the lighthouse it was so shallow that you could pretty much stand if you wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I knew you'd enjoy it. I'm looking forward to going back again soon, myself. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store