5 hour energy, good or bad

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
What is your experience/opinion?

Today at work my friends bought a few packs on sale and I tried one. It seemed to help and tasted ok. 6hrs later I went back to feeling like crap like I had earlier. A while later I took another and I feel pretty good. I dont plan to continue using it a lot, but it seemed to help out on a crappy day. I know it is linked to some issues, but if you read up on those cases they are people who are either under a certain age, or they took multiple of them at once.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
energy drinks in general are pretty bad for you, If i remember correctly 5 hour energy gives a boost by overdosing you on some vitamins ..probably "ok" on occasion.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/201212051.html

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, I just read that article before making this thread.

I defiantly don't plan on using it often. But it really helped out today at work.

I do not drink a lot of energy drinks, although I do drink a lot of pop. I really want to cut down on it, but I get it for free at work (from the soda fountain) and it is getting warmer outside. I used to get water, but over the winter something happened and it just tastes horrible. I think the city changed some of their treatment methods. Hopefully it gets better, but I doubt it will.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
well i know clear sodas are generally a little better than the darker sodas.

I have stopped drinking soda at home, I get ginger ale when i do drink soda, on and the rare occasion i eat out I get sodas, but we have pretty good water around here and we run it threw a filter.

good luck ^_^

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
well i know clear sodas are generally a little better than the darker sodas.

I have stopped drinking soda at home, I get ginger ale when i do drink soda, on and the rare occasion i eat out I get sodas, but we have pretty good water around here and we run it threw a filter.

good luck ^_^
It is filtered when it comes into the store, and it is filtered in the soda fountain itself.

I try to drink sprite (or whatever lemon lime soda is there) but it generally makes me feel worse than the other drinks there. The water is slightly better from the water fountains, but I refuse to drink from any of them other than the ones that are in the back room and the offices that are not open to the public. I have had to clean "stuff" off of the ones open to the public. I must have spent an hour cleaning them to make sure every square mm was clean and sanitized but I still refuse to use them.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
It is filtered when it comes into the store, and it is filtered in the soda fountain itself.

I try to drink sprite (or whatever lemon lime soda is there) but it generally makes me feel worse than the other drinks there. The water is slightly better from the water fountains, but I refuse to drink from any of them other than the ones that are in the back room and the offices that are not open to the public. I have had to clean "stuff" off of the ones open to the public. I must have spent an hour cleaning them to make sure every square mm was clean and sanitized but I still refuse to use them.
yeah public fountains are a no go for me as well, I carry around a water jug from home with me everywhere I go.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
In my not inconsiderable experience I will tell you that any chemical stimulant which claims to give energy actually costs you energy. The relatively short burst of energy provided is paid back with interest over a longer term later on. Whether or not it's worth the trade depends on the person and the situation.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
yeah, monsters don't give you all that much energy haha...I usually take energy drinks like once every 2-3 months but it is usually just bc they taste good(in some cases), but yea, I used to drink like 2-3 cans of soda a day whenever we had them, but now I just drink orange juice lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store