Dwarf Gourami stuck in lid of treasure chest

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kudd187

AC Members
Jan 25, 2013
Ironton, Minnesota
Real Name
Blake
Im not sure if this belongs in this section but it is worth a try. So my full grown male dwarf gourami that was healthy,bright and happy as possible got stuck in my a hole in my fake treasure chest ornament's lid, im not sure how long he was stuck in there but he wasnt this morning or afternoon but when i went to check on my fish a hour ago i noticed he wasnt coming to greet me cuz usaully he is the first one so come see me. So i looked and looked and finally seen his head poking out of the treasure chest lid, its just a fake one and it has like a fake rotted hole in the lid he was stuck half way through so i got the net out and helped push him through it and now he is out but my concern is now he has a what i guess would be "road rash" to us or a scrape on both sides of him and under him on his stomache, right above his anus is dented inwards and that what really worries me cuz i hope nothing is broken or what not!! Has this happened to anyone else? He is swimming around kind of freaked out and what not and shaking a little bit and im not sure if its because of pain or just scared! I have two other DG females in there and they are real friendly and are not timid at all and they keep following him like they are worried about him! Does anyone have any tips what i should do for him or watch for? I would be really sad if i lost him since hes a really healthy and happy fish!! Wonder what he was thinking trying to swim through that small hole! The platys and female betta can just fine so maybe he thought he could!! If you need a picture i can see if i could get one of him if needed so if anyone has some advice on this i would really appreciate it!! Thank you!! :thumbsup:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I would step up the water changes as they can't hurt an injured fish. And also remove the decoration until the DG is too big to fit in it....

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
Keep an eye on the females. Fish are a little brutal. They are more likely to be following him to harass him than to be concerned about him!

wren

kudd187

AC Members
Jan 25, 2013
Ironton, Minnesota
Real Name
Blake
Well the day after he was doing a little better like eating and swims around some but I had to take like 75% w/c out and add their last dose of their callamanus medicine in, the levamisole one just to be sure the worms are gone so now they are back to not eating much and just bottom sitting alot so in a few more days I'll take that water out and put my good carbon filter back in with fresh water and They should cheer right up!! I hope!! ;(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store