New to Aquaria!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PghFishGirl

AC Members
Apr 2, 2013
Hello!

Here's a bit about myself. I'm 27 and I finally own my own personal fish tank. I've had fish my whole life, but this is my first tank I get to "raise" on my own. I have several Mollies, Guppies, Platties, Catfish, a Plecco, and two Elephant Nose Fish. I also have several non-aquatic pets as well.

I'm here to learn about how to keep a better aquarium and maybe one day step up my game and have a Saltwater tank (fingers crossed). I'm also here to troubleshoot my existing tank, because Lord knows I need some help.

Please be gentle.

Thank you,
Shao.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
If anyone seems to be not much with the gentle, they're probably more thinking about giving you information/helping resolve your difficulties than about being polite and nice and stuff. The genuinely mean? Get slapped around pretty quickly by mods, it seems. Get to postin' your problems, and the smart folks can answer the questions, and the folks like me can make jokes. :naughty:

PghFishGirl

AC Members
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm okay with not gentle; I'm a Fire Fighter/Paramedic by trade and I'm used to getting constructive criticism fed to me by a 2x4. I just don't want the, "OMFG! The (insert Latin here) prefers only seven hours and twenty nine minutes of light, not seven and a half, you idiot!"

That's when I get snarky.

But I'm all about laughing at my own failures and shortcomings and I invite others to do the same. :)

PghFishGirl

AC Members
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I don't mind not being gentle; I am a Fire Fighter/Paramedic by trade and I'm used to having constructive criticism fed to me by a 2x4. :)

I just don't want someone snarking at me because of something silly (Oh! The (insert Latin name here) needs light only seven hours and twenty-nine minutes a day, not seven hours and thirty minutes you idiot!). That's when I get snarky back.

Feel free to laugh at my fails and stupidity. I do it myself and I invite others to as well. All jokes are welcome. :)

tdiggs

AC Members
Feb 3, 2013
Hi, welcome. There is a lot of great information and experienced people here so expect to learn a lot!
Mollies and Platties are wonderful fish! I have a couple myself. Sailfin's being the favorite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store