Is this a new 'Shroom? Should I do anything special?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

A. Nonymous

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
I was eyeballing the new tank tonight and found this.

Is the little stump on the left a new mushroom growing like it looks like it is? Will I have problems with two of them being so close to each other? Anything special I should do? Should I consider moving one or both somewhere else?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
No need to do anything. That's one way that mushrooms spread. You might want to isolate the entire colony so they don't take over every rock in there.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Uh oh! Right behind that Mushroom is an Aiptasia. A nasty pest Anemone. Terminate it. Terminate it with extreme prejudice, but do it right. If you cut it into a million pieces, you'll have a million little Anemones in short order! I like to inject them with about .5 cc of liquid pH Down, or 1 cc of lemon juice.

A. Nonymous

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
Uh oh! Right behind that Mushroom is an Aiptasia. A nasty pest Anemone. Terminate it. Terminate it with extreme prejudice, but do it right. If you cut it into a million pieces, you'll have a million little Anemones in short order! I like to inject them with about .5 cc of liquid pH Down, or 1 cc of lemon juice.
False alarm. It's just the background. :)

I did have one on one of the rocks I bought. I took it to the kitchen, hung it upside down over the sink and burned the mother with a lighter. It was good times.

A. Nonymous

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
No need to do anything. That's one way that mushrooms spread. You might want to isolate the entire colony so they don't take over every rock in there.
Well, at the moment there is nothing there except for the mushroom and a pair of clowns and the tank is in it's brown algae phase so there's not much to take over. I kind of like the way it looks other than the brown color, but whatever. There's a few hitchikers I've seen periodically (couple of nerite snails and an asterina starfish), but that's about it. There's very little in the tank. 29g tank if it matters.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
LOL I was thinking the same.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com