oceanic cube

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbuchanan

Registered Member
Apr 4, 2013
Hello. everyone im new here and was wandering about filtration my tank will be saltwater with a artificial rock and coral and was wandering is a good canister filter and remora skimmer would suffice.Thanks for any sugestions

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Moving this over to the SW forums.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Your talking about a biocube or a plain oceanic aquarium? The biocubes have filtration built in, invest the canister money in an intank media basket instead. I don't think you can fit a remora to one with out doing some serious mod's, Tunze nano skimmer will fit in the comparment with minimal mod. If your talking about a plain glass oceanic tank then disregard, a canister and remora will be ok. Get real dry rock though either way. real rock will help with your bio filtration.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Yes, you can do what your planning but its not ideal.

Live rock, carbon, GFO and a good skimmer (remora will work fine on a small tank if it will fit) would be my suggestion. If you want to make it simpler, you can use something like Chemipure Elite in place of separate carbon and GFO.

Dry rock can be used which will eventually turn live if you want to save $. The rock will provide all the biological filtration you need.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Thanks. when you say dry rock is that like corals that are dried out
Dry rock might be coral skeletons, but it may also be live rock collected and dried out so that the seller doesn't have to deal with keeping it "live". Dry rock tends to cost much less than live rock.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store