Dwarf puffers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
How big a tank do those dwarf puffers need? What do they eat, and well, any information you can think of would be great. Do they do alright with plants? Was thinking of setting up my 10 gal for puffers. Unless they don't stay as small as the ones at the store are.

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
They're mean little buggers...

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
Dwarf puffs rule as long as they are in a species only tank. They love bloodworms and brine shrimp both frozen.... They will grow to about and inch or a little under.... hope this helps! :)

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I have decided I will be getting them. And it will be a planted species tank. Currently fishless cycling. Shouldn't take very long. I took the filter media from my other tanks. One part from each tank, replacing the others, and a bunch of gravel and plants. I expect the cycle to go very quickly then I will pick these guys up. From what I have read they will be awsome little fish, and I have snails ready and waiting for them to much on too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store