Betta feeding question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
Hi all,
So, Betta ( daughter is still trying out names, but I started calling him Pepe' just to bug her, and it is sticking :grinyes:) is settling nicely into his new home. Baffle has toned down the filter flow, and now he spends a lot of time swimming back and forth thru the down draft like a kid in the sprinkler. When you turn off the filter( we turned it off once to make sure he wasn't freaking out, he was zipping back and forth so much we were afraid the little guy was going to have a fishy heart attack) he gets that same look, too, Aw, mom, just a little longer!?

On to my question. Betta book says several very small meals a day. Rachael is feeding him Omega One betta pellets and frozen tubifex worms. Pellets daily, worms once a week. How many pellets is a small meal? Are we talking one, three or four times a day? Two or three at a feeding? He, of course, is always convinced he is starving to death:rolleyes:...
Thanks,
Jen

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
dont go by what the food makers want you to feed...you will always end up over feeding, 2-3 pellets a day and your weekly treat of worms is good.

I feed mine every other day about 4-5 pellets and they thrive with weekly treats of some sort or another.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
your welcome and good luck, Omega one is a good food ^_^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store