cure for wasting disease in dwarf gourami?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kudd187

AC Members
Jan 25, 2013
Ironton, Minnesota
Real Name
Blake
Does anyone know how to cure wasting disease in a dwarf gourami?! This just started today and it looks really aggressive, my male got stuck in a hole in a ornament a week ago and he seemed to be getting better but today he looks like a zombie! Like where he got injured is spreading faSt and it looks like his flesh is melting away so I'm pretty sure it's wasting disease or could it actually be dwarf gouramis disease?! There are two other females in with him and They show No signs of I'll health at all and it's just him and I have done water changes since he has injured himyself but I don't know what else to do for him! Has anyone else had this and won or is he a gonner? I hope not Cuz I have had him for 3 months now and he has been perfectly fine! I hope someone can help him. : (

kyeung28

AC Members
Feb 26, 2013
I would separate it and add sea salt and epsom salt to the tank and raise the temp to around 78. but depending on the severity of the wound and infection it sounds it may be a win/lose situation.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kudd187

AC Members
Jan 25, 2013
Ironton, Minnesota
Real Name
Blake
This is what the poor guy looks like, i think hes a goner :( hes not moving much, only when i touch him. He is taking a bath in epson salt, aquarium salt, and melafix. Also i noticed my female betta was just sitting at the top not doing anything and not acting like herself since she is always being a happy little betta and swimming around so i decided to put her in the bath before him and she instantly turned pale and freaked out so i put her back in the main tank and now she is just sitting at the bottom and has a pale spot on her head, i dont know what this means!! I hope this isnt fish TB!!

DSCN2410.JPG

DSCN2410.JPG

Berylla

AC Members
Mar 4, 2013
You need to give your fish an airstone in QT at the minimum. It looks like he has a surface infection from an injury (probably when he was stuck). Clean water changes every day may turn him around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store