scared for the cichlids!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jkre2011

AC Members
Apr 10, 2013
im not sure what to do at this moment, other than hope and pray. got the wrong test kit for the tank, and have to wait for payday to get another one. the one i got does everything BUT ammonia the GH is in range (well, getting close), but the KH is low. the nitrates/trites read very low- don't think they are even coloring the tests, but the fish are still flashing- i don't want my cichlids to die!!! i really am in love with my fish tanks, and losing these ones would hurt a lot. any advise on getting the KH up? better off emailing me- wont be on here every day. jkre2011@gmail.com- this one is my everything email, so i dont care much if it gets swamped by a**wipes, but i do check it a few times a day. just let me know what i can do so i dont lose my babies!!!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Wow. Where to start? What size tanks? Was the tank cycled? What kind of fish? Any plants? If your nitrite/nitrate test results "don't even color the tests" something is wrong with the way the test is being conducted. If you're using a strip, they're expired or you're doing it wrong. If you're using a liquid, you're doing it wrong or it's expired. Even 0 has a color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store