Odyssea 48" T5 twin tube fixture.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Two thumbs up. I love it! Got it today. It came with 6500K lamps installed. Seems to be pretty well constructed. All aluminum with plastic end caps. Adjustable legs. The ballast is housed in an aluminum box that you can set on the floor or mount to the wall or in the cabinet. It can be unplugged and replaced. Power switch is on the ballast. Fixture was ~$59 shipped to the door. I've got $350+ invested from the floor-up so far. Eeek! So much for starting with the $1/gal sale.

[/URL][/img]

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
It's been a couple years since I heard about an Odyssea fixture bursting into flames. They seem to have gotten their act together.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
My buddy has had a 24" 96w for about 1year up and going nicely. I was satisfied enough to buy a 36" 156w with 3 LED's and a 3-way timer for my 40b.

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
I got 4 light fixtures from them , happy with them all. to bad it has only a single reflector but for the price you cant beat it

I replaced the tubes though found the light output little low, i used a lux meter to test cant remember the readings now

By the way i like your setup :)

Last edited:

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I bought the 3 bulb 48" fixture with timer and moonlight led and the leds only lasted a few months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
It's been a couple years since I heard about an Odyssea fixture bursting into flames. They seem to have gotten their act together.
I believe they switched from using the ballasts that spontaneously combusted around 2-3 years ago. If its got LED night lights may as well start a pool now on when they'll go out :)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
They really did give low priced Chinese fixtures a black eye, that's for sure.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I have 2 24" fixtures from them and I have nothing bad at all to say about them. It is time I changed out my lamps though. You'll definitely be able to grow a multitude of plants in there!!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel

I'm banking on the molten ballast melting the bubble gum hoses on my Sunsun canister filter, thus electrocuting the cat, tripping the breaker and hopefully putting the fire out.

You gotta see the ~$10, 220VAC, 200watt heater I inadvertently ordered from eBay. Not one of my finer moments. Seller refunded me. I picked up an Aqueon 200W to use instead. I didn't have the stones to even test the 220V heater that had a standard 2-prong plug.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store