New tank idea

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hellomuffin

Registered Member
Apr 17, 2013
Hi I'm new to the site, and I would like to get some feedback on a tank idea I have. I currently have an 55 gallon juveniles South American cichlid tank. It is very successful. I would love to know what you think about the idea of 3 to 4 small three fourths to one inch electric yellow cichlids in a to gallon with plenty of filltration, a sand bottom, and plenty of caves and cover. As well as the cichlids I would like to either get a few Cory cats, or a pleco. What do you guys think?

P.S this is by no means a permanent set up I will upgrade tank size and filtration when the fish grow.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Its not really a good ideal to put South American Cichlids with African Cichlids, reason why are that each have different water chemistry and requirements and not to mention have different tolerance and aggression levels, I would stem out to say once the Yellow Labs are of breeding size more than likely your South Americans will get punked out a lot and when that happens the stress alone can cause death and or disease..

Welcome to AC

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store