Does anyone know where i can buy a bracket like this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010

Im talking about the thing that the thing that the light fixture is hanging from.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like a DIY project, or at least one that can be copied by DIY, to me.

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Yeah hard to say due to lighting but it does look like its a DIY bracket made with small pipes and elbow joints.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
alright, i definitely dont have time for DIY at the moment so I forsee some really ghetto but sturdy type of thing that ill have to use for now lol

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Something like that can be assembled pretty quickly, the type of piping used isn't that thick so its easy to cut even with a handsaw. Metal brackets screwed into the back of the stand to hold in place, if you know an electrician or maybe they can bend at home depot electric conduit could be used as a hanger as well, thats if its LED's or halides, conduit might be to flimsy for a big t5 fixture.

I went ghetto with my current LED setup, I bought a shelf bracket from home depot 16" or 18" fits about perfect with my tank being about 6" off the wall.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Thanks for the link jody. I will def research it before I purchase...last thing I need is for my new led fixture to fall in.

Squid I was thinking far more ghetto than that lol, like I have a couple bricks with holes in them that I can stick a metal tube through. But I guess ill take a look at home depot tomorrow.

What do you guys think of a pvc setup(sturdiness wise, not how ugly its going to be haha)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
16"-24" LED or halide should be fine on pvc, might not to be bad if you paint it and no bright lighting in the room its in lol.

ThatNewFishGuy

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Jody those arr some really good ideas. I like the pipe and drape stand for a temporary kind of thing.

I googled some DIY hanging led jobs and found some really slick looking results. Alot of them used the electric conduit/pipe idea that squid mentioned. This with one of those sunsomething retractable hanging wires would be amazing for me. Wouldnt be such a massive pain everytime I had to do something inside the tank.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store