got a betta today!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AndyH24

AC Members
Feb 8, 2013
Kingsport, TN
Real Name
Andy
I picked up a betta today for my 10 gallon. Thought I would post a pic of him. So far he seems to be lazy, he just kinda hangs out in one spot. He did eat some though.
betta.jpg

betta.jpg

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Beautiful fish :) once he gets used to his new surroundings and recognizes you as the person who feeds him, he should become more confident and show his personality.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AndyH24

AC Members
Feb 8, 2013
Kingsport, TN
Real Name
Andy
I tested the water from the cup he was in and it had 1ppm ammonia! Good thing he has a good home now!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice betta!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I tested the water from the cup he was in and it had 1ppm ammonia! Good thing he has a good home now!
I was tempted to test the cup water from the little female betta I got from Petsmart some days ago, but the water had so much debris in it once you got the top off and looked in there, I was just focused on getting her out of there. Hate the cup thing, but it's pretty much the only way to get a betta locally. I do have one old school LFS that sells male bettas that he keeps individually in community tanks, but I think they mostly get overlooked. He only keeps a few of them.

Windy

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Theed Palace on Naboo
Real Name
Lazaro
Beautiful. I wonder how often the water in those urine specimen cups are changed. Eveerytime I see those cups, they have this blue water in them. At the PETCO near my house, the betta are kept in those plastic tupper ware containers that the chinese food restaurants use to put soup in or that horrid red sauce for the wontons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store