Fluval tank, worried about leaking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rbarrett328

Registered Member
Apr 23, 2013
Hey everyone,
I just bought a used Fluval Flora tank, 7.9 gallons, glass tank only -- no filter, co2, etc.
No worries about setting up the filtration (Fluval C2) and everything else, but I am a little worried about the construction of this tank.
The glass is thin, and the silicone seams on the bottom and back of the tank don't appear very strong.
The tank isn't leaking, and it was set up for several months without any leaks by the previous owner.
It will be in my upstairs apartment, that has a carpeted floor, and I am only there in the evenings.
Would it help if I beefed up the silicone a little, not disassembling the glass, or are there other steps I could take to improve the odds of this tank not leaking?
Many thanks for your help with this!

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
Let it be... the silicone is fine... That is the reason for the expense of the tank being so much.... if you add to it unless it leaked then... lol lets just say dont do it... You will be fine... my wife just recently had an accident and lost over half of my 72 gallon into the carpeted floor and is worried about the carpet under the tank molding.... 8 gallons will not do hardly any harm if any at all...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store