Frontosa's gasping for air

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bkincaid22

AC Members
Jan 19, 2013
My fronts are 3-4 inches and they appear to be gasping for air. Suggestions? They are the only ones that seems to be struggling.

I have 2 Fluval 406 canisters running and a koralia for air circulation in my 100 gal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
How is the Koralia circulating air? Tank parameters?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Maybe I have your tanks confused...didn't you just start this tank up at the end of Feb? Can you explain more how the Koralia is blowing air?

bkincaid22

AC Members
Jan 19, 2013
I have more than one. Even if it were it doesn't take that long to cycle a tank.

Again, the koralia is circulating water. What else are you wanting to know.
Are you asking what a koralia does?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
He's an iPhone user. He isn't used to doing things in an intuitive manner. :rofl:(If you've ever had to add attachments to an email composed on an iPhone, you know exactly what I mean)

What is the ammonia level in your tank? Nitrite level? Nitrate level? These are the typically the most important of tank parameters. Yes, cycles *can* take that long, depending on if they're done correctly or not.
Assuming those measurements are inches, that's about a 90 gallon tank, even though most 90s I've seen are about 48 x 18 x 25, but standard sizes aren't the only sizes.
You said you have the Koralia for air circulation. How is it circulating air? Did you mean water circulation, because that's what you said in your latest post? If you meant water circulation, you shouldn't get snarky with someone trying to help you diagnose and solve the problem. If you really did mean air, that also needs clarification, because as far as I know, Koralias circulate water.

jasonfishaddict

AC Members
Jun 18, 2010
I live in King William county Virginia, USA
Real Name
Jason
My fronts are 3-4 inches and they appear to be gasping for air. Suggestions? They are the only ones that seems to be struggling.

I have 2 Fluval 406 canisters running and a koralia for air circulation in my 100 gal.

Sorry, I had to join in. Aeration should solve your problem. Cycling can vary depending on method. Water circulation is good but to increase the gas exchange which occurs at the water's surface, it needs to be agitated. So again, aeration; in the form of power head/ s, or air-stone/ s, should solve your problem.

lozt

AC Members
Jun 30, 2012
I thought you had the Koralia near the top to create agitation. *shrug*

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store