Auratus male holding?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ineedmoney4

AC Members
May 9, 2012
Was is my male holding eggs and breeding with my electric yellow? Where did he get the eggs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ineedmoney4

AC Members
May 9, 2012
70+ views and not anyone got any ideas. Do any of your males hold eggs?

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I would like to see a pic first if possible, before giving an opinion. I knew a guy who had a male German Red Peacock that held eggs 2 times in a row.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Its def not normal but anything can happen in a manipulated fish world, Or it is just getting it wrong.. I am with Efors on this need to see a photo.. These guys can inter breed but the female normally holds the eggs..

Ineedmoney4

AC Members
May 9, 2012
The eggs r gone now... And my electric yellows I saw breeding the other day the only female so that must b how he got it... Idk.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah they can breed with each other, there both part of the mouth brooding family they would turn out as hybrids is all.. The part where the male was holding could be that he just got his signals crossed because more than likely they were tank raised in the first place.. In most cases the females in the Mbuna world are the carriers of the eggs but in the wild both parents will transfer the eggs to each other but this is very rare in the home aquaria..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store